STRONG BURNING RUBBER SMELL AFTER CHANGIN

1999 Honda Accord

Smells problem
1999 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 70000 miles

After having the timing belts set and radiator changed on my grandmas 1999 honda accord I noticed a very strong bunning rubber smell coming through the AC vents and the engine bay when you open the hood after driving for a while. I called the machanic and they said it's normal because the new belts are strectching out. Does that sound right or there something is burning?
Vital

Sounds fishy to me. Id have it checked and make sure its not too tight. You should not experience any burning smells after replacing belts if they are set properly

Mastertechtim
I took the car back myself and he checked the belts that can be seen after opening the hood for shredding on sides and they were ok.
I asked for him to check if timing belt was too tight. And he said if they were too loose and rubbing against the case or too tight he would be able to hear it. It's been a month since having all he belts and pump changed and the smell is not as strong, so I don't think he wants to take the plastic case out to check the timing belt. Can you tell me what happens if they were too tight and the car is driven like this?

Vital
You will most likely be ok, I have seen this happen alot. Eventually the belt will wear in and the noise will go away. Will it affect the overall long term life of the belt, sure, is it going to break any time soon, no

Mastertechtim