POWER DOOR LOCK WON'T WORK ON BOTH PASSEN

1999 Honda Accord

1999 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 111000 miles

Hi guys,

My problem is the power door lock on both passenger sides (front and back).
When I use the power door lock switch on driver's side or on the passenger door switch, both passengers side doors won't lock or unlock only clicking sound I can hear on all sides. Using key to open the door will work fine either driver side or passenger side.
I do not know is the problem. Is it the door actuator or the wiring or something else?
Richola

Hi richola,

When using key to open from driver side, does passenger door locks both work all the time? Even after a few tries locking and unlocking?

When Im using key to open from driver side, both passenger doors dont work the locks. Yes even a few tries using key they wont locking and unlocking.

Richola
Hi richola,

There are 2 possibilities.

1. Open circuit in wiring circuit from left to right door lock actuators.
2. Door lock actuators faulty.

Hi KHLow2008,

Im sorry but what do you mean exactly on the first one " wiring circuit from left to right door lock actuators". Could you be more specific?

If no. 1 is the possible problem: 1. How do I find the bad wiring circuit?
2. Is there a test to find the location of bad wiring.
3. Or do I have to take all the door panels off to find the bad wiring? Or just on drivers side?

If no. 2 is the possible problem: 1. Do I have to replace all the door lock actuator?
2. Or only on drivers side?

Richola
Hi, richola.

I have exactly the same problem you have. I have just replaced actuator for the passenger rear door. It is working like a charm now. Now, the front passenger door is doing the same, once in while. So, it looks like I will need a new actuator there too. It already cost me $46 for the back door. And the dealer wants $60 for the front door.

It seems like there's a known issue here.

You can do this yourself if you want to save some money.

Spiderear
Hi richola,

Wiring from left to right door actuators means the circuit from the central lock control unit in driver door is broken either due to disconnected wire couplings or broken wires.

To check for bad wirings, you need to check power supply from output, ie, at control unit to input and that is actuator motor. Actuator motor test would confirm if it is the problem.

You need to remove both sides door panel unless you know which wires are for central lock and power supply and can perform test from door pillar connectors.

You need to replace the actuators for passenger side only as they are the ones not working.

I fixed my power door locks. Actuators were the problem on both passenger side. I replaced them with the new ones.
Thanks for the help!

Richola