MAIN SHAFT SPEED SENSOR

1999 Honda Accord

1999 Honda Accord 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 178518 miles

Good day, im from the Bahamas and really wanted to kno where can I find a clear picture of this main shaft speed sensor? I had my car connected to the computer for a diagnostics test and that came up as a failure that my main shaft speed sensor needs to be change. Wha are the problems that occur when this sensor starts to fail?
Mrblaze242

Hi mrblaze242,

When this sensor fails, harsh shifting would be felt. Check for loose or contaminated connections before replacing.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_Accord99AutoComponenta1_1.jpg

Thanks alot for that valid info because thats exactly is what is happening to my car. Could this cause transmission failure of the sort or is it safe to drive by taking my time until the part arrives at where I live?

Mrblaze242
Hi mrblaze242,

When problems are found, it is best to refrain from using it to cause additional damages.

Try manually shifting the gears to reduce the harsh shifting if you must use the car and be gnetle with the accelerator. Try to match the gear shift by releasing the accelerator at the moment of shifting into 4th to minimise impact.

Btw did you check/test the solenoid and its wire connectors?