NEED TO REPLACE SEAT BELT

1998 Honda Accord

Interior problem
1998 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 125000 miles

Last night, I had to call the paramedics to cut my rear (driver side) seat belt as my 6-yr. Old son was messing around and had it wrapped around his neck and it was choking him. He pulled it all the way out so it was in " lock-mode" and we didn't have a choice but to cut it. Luckily, he is alright and I am eternally grateful for that, but daddy still wasn't happy that he is going to have to spend some money to fix this. Does anyone have any suggestions on the cheapest way to fix this? Where can I get the cheapest part and where should I get this fixed? How hard is this to do, can I do it myself? The Honda dealership gave me an initial estimate of $184 for labor and $100-200 for the part. That's way too much for a darn seat belt, I would like to find an alternative.

Thanks,
Jesse
Jlucksmith

Hi there,

What price shafty, you should never use a second hand seat belt as with modern cars seat belts often have pre tensioners as well as delicate operating mechanisms and if they are stressed in an accident they can be faulty, you don't know the history of second hand seat belts so you should always use new.

Mhpautos