TRANSMISSION REPLACEMENT

1997 Honda Accord

1997 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 172323 miles

Basically my question is regarding the cost to replace my transmission with a new (rebuilt) transmission from Honda.

I have a hum that I thought was the wheel bearings, so I had them replaced. The hum persists, and I also have transmission fluid leaking out from where the CV axle enters the trans. The leak is progressively getting worse. Also, I checked for play on the axles and they both move quite a bit. My understanding is that the carrier bearing is going causing the axle to shimmy allowing fluid to seep from the seal. The car has a lot of miles but its extremely clean and worth the money. Thanks in advance. Brad
Bbubacz

Hi there,

The prices I come up with are Transmission approx $2.800 and around 12 Hrs labour. I would first get a test and report on your transmission first, and it it is deemed to beyond reasonable repair, go get a few quotes on this job as well, my price is from Mitchell 1 data base and this may vary depending on your location.

Mhpautos