COOLING SYSTEM HOSE

1997 Honda Accord

Engine Cooling problem
1997 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 180, 00 miles

there is a hose that runs right behind the engine under the intake manifold that has another hose that connects to the hearter hose I would like to the name of that hose. It runs from one side of the engine to the other? Also can I replace this hose myself or do I need to take it to a professional
Riders

Hi riders,

That is the outlet heater hose. Replacement is not too difficult but you need to be careful with the heater joint as it can collapse easily. Use a plier to release the clamps and push them away from joint.

Use a sharp blade to slit the hose so that it can come off without damaging the heater joint which is very soft as it is made of copper. Twist the hose gently to unloosen first.

Before starting work, you need to drain the coolant first.
After replacement, remember to bleed the system by releasing the bleeder nut located at thermostat housing and topping up till coolant flows out. Retighten and do not close radiatior cap first.

Start engine and let it run for about 1 minute. Stop engine and top up coolant. Repeat process until when you stop the vehicle, the coolant remains full.