SHIFTING GEARS

1996 Honda Accord

1996 Honda Accord 4 cyl Automatic

MY 96 accord v-tech had a slight tranny problem before I changed the fluid. First, second gears worked fine, shifting into 3rd was a problem there was no gear( it sounded like a manuel tranny when u ngaged the clutch and accelarated the rpms would go really high.) Now that I changed the fluid I only have one gear and im not sure which gear that is, possibly 3rd. I also have a 94 accord, in which the tranny has only 2nd and 4th gears. Theres no passing gears and no down shifting. Please help in trouble shooting my problem.
Purplejz

Check the fluid level in the clutch MC and bleed slave, make sure the slave rod is moving the clutch fork, so the clutch is engaging/releasing. Make sure the shift cables are not loose, or any brackets/hold down clips are intact.

Other than that, if you have a gear or syncro out, you will have to have it checked out by a reputable trans. Shop.

If trans. Lube leaked out the axle seals and you ran it dry or near dry, it will mosy likely have to be either rebuilt, or a used trans. Installed.

Mmprince4000
OK nevermind the previous post (automatic, not manual) : )

Automatic trans. Malfunctions are classified in 5 major catagories: Poor engine performance,
Improper adjustments
Hydraulic malfunctions
Mechanical malfunctions
Computer or signal network.

Check easy stuff first. Fluid level and condition.
Shift control cable adjustments
Throttle control cable adjustments.

Mmprince4000