IN SERIOUS NEED OF HELP

1996 Honda Accord

1996 Honda Accord 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 145670 miles

So, ever since my alternator was replaced, ive noticed that my gas pedal requires more forced to be pressed down then usual, and when accelerating sometimes it will be slot to accelerate but suddenly jump forward in speed. Doing research online ive seen the closest diagnosis being a very dirty throttle body considering my check engine light is on as well and the man I purchased the car from told me that is due to carbon build up. Is this assumption right and if so how the hell do I remove the metal clips attaching the hoses to the throttle body
Dylanmenefee

Hi dylanmenefee,

It is possible for the throttle plate to stick due to gunk but check if the throttle able had been misrouted while performing the alternator replacement. A misrouted accelerator would result in heavier throttle pressure.

To remove the air hose, you need to loosen the clip which is tightened with the aid of a screw at rear end if the positioniing is standard.

As the CEL is indicating, you need to get a scan done to retrieve the trouble code to understand what is wrong. Autozone provides free scanning services.

And how would I go about checking the throttle cable and how would I know its not where its supposed to be.

Dylanmenefee
At the throttle body, manually open the throttle by twisting the mounted cable. If the throttle sticks and requires some force, when turning at fully closed throttle, it is sticking. Check the throttle plate around the fully closed area.