ABS LIGHT ON PROBLEM

1996 Honda Accord

Brakes problem
1996 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 189000 miles

Well, I have a 1996 Honda Accord EX 2.2L Vtech and recently my ABS light came on. I used a jumper wire to check the code for the ABS and it reads out 1.3 (one then a pause then three) I can hear noise coming from the abs modulator like the motor or something is trying to turn on repeatedly like it will make the sound. Stop, then make it again and again. I am not sure if this is a seperate issue but once the ABS light does come on (it does not come on right away but after a few minutes of driving and it trying to turn on or something) I hear a sound front the front right wheel. Also I thought I smelt buring of something in that area, Maybe I have three seperate problems but I am just wondering what it sounds like. Also, a bit of extra information about a month ago or so We replaced the rear brakes and rear rotors and the front brakes. Stupidly we did not bleed to brakes or clamp the lines when doing this so to get the caliper to compress we used a caliper compressor. Once again maybe that has nothing to do with it but I'd rather not leave any information out.
LCHSPatriot

I would suggest checking each of the ABS wheel speed sensors. Each wheel has one and using an ohm meter check for resistance. All of them should be very similar in reading. If they are then it is another issue but if one of them is 0 or way out of whack from the others, it will need to be replaced. They are spendy little things at around $150 each.

Bruce Hunt