ROTOR REMOVAL

1995 Honda Accord

Brakes problem
1995 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

How do I get the rotor off to put on a new one. There are no screws or bolts holding it a metal plate (that holds the lugs) that holds the rotor on. There is one big nut that holds the whole hub together. Did I have to take off this large nut or is the rotor just seized to the metal plate?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/379968_Rotor_1_1.jpg

Benny609

You have to remove the whole steering knuckle. If I recall correctly there are bolts on the back that release the hub, then you can remove the rotor and bolt everything back up.

F4I_guy
Im having the same issue with the removal of the rotor. I even have a haynes guide and it still isnt clear on it.

Spawn41890
Two ways to do this one remove lower ball joint, remove spindle from upper joint. Then with front hub remover press wheel bearing from hub. Then remove 4 bolts holding rotor to hub. Then press NEW bearings and hub back on. Or use a slide hammer the hub adapter hammer out rotor and hub outer bearing will come along too. Unbolt rotor replace. Ues slide hammer in reverse to start bearing into hub then use nut to tighten to spindle. If rotor salavageable got to shop have rotor turned on car.

Docfixit