ENGINE SMOKE

1992 Honda Accord

Engine problem
1992 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 200000 miles

Recently my 1992 Honda Accord smokes when cranking. After driving or it warms up it stops. It seems to be white, gray in color. It seems the colder the morning the worse it smokes. Now it beginning to smoke in the afternoon after cranking even on warm days. I changed the PVC valve added no smoke to a fresh oil change, no results. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Dawnbran

The mileage is up there and it is probably time that you experience some problems. I suspect that you use some oil and/or coolant. I would suspect that when setting, oil leaks past the seals on the valves and drips in to the cylinder. It contines when running but it doesn't get a chance to accumulate like when the vehicle sits. What can you do? Acknowledge that the engine is in going down hill and you need to make a decision to live with the smoking until it gets worse, it will but it may take some time or have the vehicle overhauled or replaced. You could pull off the head, have it checked for warping, seals replaced and a new head gasket put on. The decisions are yours to make. Been a pretty good car and may carry you a lot further.

Bruce Hunt