INTAKE MANIFOLD

1991 Honda Accord

1991 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 279492 miles

my car will start to choke when gets up to 4th gear on the the meter on the left side on the dash board so I had some one look at it because my car was stolden and I had to get a new catalytic converter put on cuz it was stolen as well but the mechanic said I also have to get a intake manifold gasket because there was small leak in mines and he said air was getting out so im tryna locate were and what the intake manifold is and can I fix it my but I cant find it
Domo50

The intake manifold is the chrome or silver item that bolts directly to the head. It has the air intake tube connected to an item that sits on top of the intake manifold. There should be four tubes that connect it to the engine. The leak in this gasket will confuse the computer and let in raw and uncontrolled air. The performance of the engine will diminish greatly.

Bruce Hunt