TIMING

1988 Honda Accord

Other Category problem
1988 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 78000 miles

I dont quite know how to set the timing belt.
What marks to go by, or what position to set the pulleys in?

Any help would be appreciated!
God Bless
Buffie24b

On my 1994 you set camshaft pulley level with top of head marks are indent dots on either side of pulley 180 degree apart they are in line horizontally when correct. The balance shaft pulleys each have marks on face of pulley that line up with marks on front of crank case cover, viewed from front of engine under the wheel well. The Crankshaft pulley has a white lined notch on outside diameter of front belt groove flange this lines up with a pointer above it on front of engine. It needs to be viewed from top looking down from left side of car front of engine. Haynes repair manual about $20.00 has good pictures of all timing marks and location engine must be located on top dead center on compression stroke distributer rotor points to " 1# cylinder spark plug wire on compression and 180 degrrees away from 1# on exhaust stroke must remove distributor cap to view. I would not attempt to time all these marks without a picture and instructions. Bless you also.

Stan Opie