HIGH MILEAGE

2001 Toyota Corolla • 196,000 miles

I have a chance to buy a 2001 Corolla for $2000. It runs good, the body and interior is good but it has 196000 miles on it. He says it uses 1/2 quart o oil between fill ups after highwjay driving. It doesn't smoke or leak. I know this was a problem with Corollas. I've heard it occurred at lower miles in a lot of cars. Is this fixable without major repair and is there mileage left in this car for $2000?
Acmectec2001

Oil loss will be due to faulty rings and proberbly a broken oil control ring with is not that uncommon in these cars, there is no quick fix, it will require a major re build to fix.

Mhpautos
Will the engine continue to run okay without fixing it?

Acmectec2001
It will only get worse over time, it will start to ash up spark plugs and this will affect the engine performance, as I said there is no quick fix for this, there is no way off telling how long before more serious issues arise with this problem.

Mhpautos
Hi mhpautos,

Will you please answer my question here?

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/spark-plug-tube-seals

Chris VC
I will have a look.

Mhpautos