HARD THUMP AND CLUNK WHEN STOPPING

1999 GMC Yukon

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1999 GMC Yukon V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 125000 miles

My 1999 Yukon also has a limited slip differential and when coming to a complete stop, there is a hard clunk and thump when your foot is taken off the brake. There is absolutley no thump or clunk when the transmission is shifted into neutral and a stop is made. It feels as if the transmission is being pushed up due to the deceleration and then it drops back down with a thud as the brakes are released. Could it be that the limited slip differential clutch or the transmission clutch is sticking?
Hdspeer2

Two options. First is to remove the drive shaft from the transmission and stuff some grease in there to take up the space which is creating the thump when you let off the brake. Dealer option is to install a newer model yoke that they say will eliminate the problem. I'm driving about 10 months now on the $.99 fix.

Surfdougyfresh