FUEL PUMP

1999 GMC Yukon

Other Category problem
1999 GMC Yukon V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 169000 miles

Hello I have a question. How can I change my fuel pump? Is it necessary to bring the fuel tank down to replace it? And, do I have to replace it completely or is there some sort of kit to rebuild it and is that recommendable? Is there anything else I should check before going ahead and changing the pump, in case that is not the problem?
Thank you for your time.
Guialuca

You should first change the fuel filter, then change the fpr (fuel pressure regulator), then remove the fuel pump relay and replace it. If the fuel pump starts to wirl in the gas tank then the relay is ok. I the fuel pump is not working anyway this wont work. Is not too common for this relay to be the problem but it is 35$ and may be the problem. The fuel pump cost over a 100$ so you have to make the call whether you change the relay. The fuel pump is a pain to replace especially if you have a lot of gas in your tank. Have to remove the gas before you lower the tank because it is too hard to manage. Last resort you must change the fuel pump. Hope this helps, you probably already fixed the problem cause your question is old; but maybe it will help someone else. Goodaggie @(972) 814-5138 check out stillfox. Com

Goodaggie