1999 GMC Van Repair Question
1999 GMC Van 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 143000 miles
I am looking for a list or procedure steps for removal of the alternator, which I need to replace.
Do you have a safari savanna etc?Which engine?Let me know so i can get you the correct info.
My vehicle is a 1999 GMC Safari Van
The engine is a 4.3 liter V-6
There you go.
Can you resend the screen shots about removal procedures only. I am not able to read the print after printing them.
1. Disconnect the battery negative cable.
2. Remove the air cleaner assembly.
3. Remove the drive belt.
4. Disconnect the regulator electrical connector.
5. Remove the generator front mounting bolts.
6. Remove the generator rear mounting bolt.
7. Remove the generator output (BAT) terminal nut.
8. Remove the generator.
1. Position the generator on the vehicle.
NOTE : Refer to Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.
2. Loosely install the mounting bolts.
3. Install the generator output (BAT) lead.
4. Loosely install the generator output (BAT) nut.
* Tighten the mounting bolts to 50 N.m (37 lb ft) .
* Tighten the generator output (BAT) terminal nut to 20 N.m (15 lb ft) .
5. Connect the regulator electrical connector.
6. Install the drive belt.
7. Install the air cleaner.
8. Connect the battery negative cable.
That should do the trick.
Maybe this will be easier to see
14,825 answers provided
Thanks for your help. I was able to get the old one out and a new one installed.