GAS PEDAL DIAGRAM

2000 GMC Sonoma

Interior problem
2000 GMC Sonoma 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 33250 miles

Some time ago when I was getting out of my truck I hit the gas pedal with my foot and the throttle cable came out of the notch that attaches it to the actual pedal assembly. I got the pedal/cable back together but it doesn't have enough tension on the pedal to bring it away from the floorboard and I have an extra spring laying on the floor. I cannot tell exactly where the dpring is supposed to go, is there a diagram soemwhere that could show me the proper setup?
Uncle leroy

First of all thank you so much for your donation.I cannot find a diagram picture of the pedal let alone a diagram that show's where the pedal spring goes. If the spring came out to begin with my guess would be that something probably broke on the pedal that hold's the spring in place. Your best bet would to be probably replace the pedal get a new one or get one at a pick a part. You could also see if the dealer had one in stock kinda doubt they would but you never know and you could see where the spring goes and if you had something broken on the pedal that hold's the spring in place.