PICKUP FLASHER

1997 GMC Sonoma

I need to replace the turn signal flasher (the fuse is fine, the hazard lights still flash). The diagram from the GM parts desk does not provide enough detail to locate the unit in the engine compartment. There is a second flasher under the dash, again insufficient detail is provided. Any directions to locate the flasher would be greatly appreciated. Vehicle has over 180,000 miles.
Thank you.
Laughattack

FRONT SEATING AREA, DRIVER SIDE, PASSENGER SIDE OF STEERING COLUMN, UNDER DASH, MOUNTED NEAR CIGARETTE LIGHTER. OPTIONAL MOUNTING LOCATION IS UNDER DASH, ON DRIVER SIDE OF STEERING COLUMN. HAZARD FKLASHER IS IN THE SAME LOCATION I BELIEVE.

Oiii88
Thank your for the detailed info. The flasher was not found in either location. This vehicle was one of the very last manufactured in the model year, and some parts are 1998 items. There are four ' cubes' on under the hood, mounted on the passenger side, below the windsheild wiper. Could that me the flasher?

Thank you again.
LA

Laughattack
I honestly am not 100 % sure on that. I looked up the location for a 98 it said same location. Im sorry the info I provided did not help. I know on my ford the flasher relay is square. I also know that if one of the turn signals is burned out on it it will keep the signals for working for some reason. Good luck and once again sorry the info did not help

Oiii88
No need to apoligize. Thanks again for your help. I will check th bulb out. I think I just need to look under the dash a little more toward the passenger side for the flasher.

Laughattack