WONT TURN OVER

2001 GMC Sierra

2001 GMC Sierra V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I cant get my motor to turn over, when I finely do, you can rev the engine up to about 3,000 rpms and hold it there, and then it will just fall and try to die. If u pump the gas it will rev back up but fall again and starts to back fire, and sputter. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you in advance
MarcM1971

I cant get my motor to turn over,

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it