2001 GMC Sierra Repair Question
2001 GMC Sierra Heater core
2001 GMC Sierra V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 197000 miles
Coolant leaking from tube under ac system in engine area. Heater core bad? What the easiest way to replace heater core?
HEATER/VENT MODULE REPLACEMENT
1. Drain the engine coolant.
2. If equipped remove the auxiliary battery.
3. Disconnect the heater hoses.
4. Remove the accumulator.
5. Remove the instrument panel carrier.
6. Remove the HVAC module drain hose.
7. Disconnect the electrical harnesses and the ground connections as needed.
8. Remove the HVAC module mounting nuts and the screws.
9. Remove the HVAC module assembly from the vehicle.
HEATER CORE REPLACEMENT
1. Remove the heater/vent module.
2. Remove the heater core cover screws.
3. Remove the heater core cover.
4. Remove the heater core.
39,932 answers provided