TRAILER PLUG-NO POWER

1999 GMC Sierra

1999 GMC Sierra V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

I have a factory round 7 pin trailer plug installed on my truck that is tied into the wiring harness. It has no power running to it. I checked every fuse that I could find and they are all good.

Any ideas on what else to check?
Dcruze

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_underhood_electrical_1_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_underhood_electrical_center_2_1.jpg

Welcome to the forum, do you need wiring colors at the connector? The above info shows trailer fuses and location. If the fuse circuit isn't hot, it's a dead circuit, even if the fuse is good.

I checked the power going to each trailer fuse with the engine running and the head lights turned on. The fuses are OK, but there is no power on either contact in the fuse box.

Any other suggestions on what to check?

Dcruze
I need the wiring colors at the trailer connector. I'm having trouble finding what I need. The label in the fuse box doesn't match up with the power distribution wiring diagram. It is possible there are some circuits for the upfitter that aren't being used.

Sorry it took me so long to get back. The wiring colors at my trailor plug are: Red
Black
Green
Blue
White
Yellow
Light Green

and a Light blue that hangs outside the plug. I think this might be for a trailor brake.

If it helps the vin # on the truck is 1GTE19VXXZ531505

Dcruze
Hi, the databases I looked at, all the wiring colors don't match? Red wire should be hot all the time, according to my info. I've had trouble trying to track the red wire, I looked at trailer circuit and auxilliary power supply. There should be mega fuse block, under hood, passenger side, close to battery, check there. Also, check auxilliary power center, center of dash, under the heater controls.

Yellow wire is left turn, dark green wire is right turn, White may be brake lites? Not sure about the others?