HEATER, 4WD, SPEDOMETER SENSOR ALL WENT AT

1992 GMC Sierra

1992 GMC Sierra V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 260, 00 miles

This truck is old but everything is in great shape, Classic 4wd! Last week I had the 4wd, heater, VSS (code) al go off at once, possible short!

Ive checked fusable links on passengers side fire wall, they have power. Fuses are good in truck but no power. Where can I get a diagram where the wiring for is for these? The Haynes repair manual doesnt show where to find the wiring. Where is the heater resistor on my truck, it doesnt have A?C and is not located on the top of the heater black box.

Im looking everywhere for the wiring diagram for the 4wd also. Dont see any Im disliking electrical motors. I seen somewhere that has a manual actuator for four wheel drives and seriously thinking of either putting a toggle switch to the actuator or installing a manual actuator.
Djay101

Do you have the electric shift 4wd? I didn't think they did that in 93.

Let me know. Also, is the 4wd working? Is he fan working? Also, is the trans shifting okay? Speedo working?

Let me know.

Manual on the flor, blower fan is working spedometer not working, break light on, spent all day tearing the dash apart tracing wires, could not find any melted wires I now have no power to lights on the manual dials for heater either. The 4wd works, but no power to engage the actuator.

Djay101
You have your hands full. Lets do one thing at a time. First, did you notive any ground straps disconnected when you had the dash apart?

Are you getting vacuum to the front axle actuator?

Grounds all good vaccume lines are good, fan blower motor works ( had it out and tested it direct, have it temporary set up so it will blow heat) no power to heater fuse, 4wd fuse and break, power to all rest of fuses, fusible links are good they have power goin throgh them.

Djay101
Could it be a power wire to the fuses? Where would I find that? The local GM dealership wouldnt get me a copy of the wiring diagram for the 4wd or wires in the cab, got a copy of the fuse buses and the relays though.

Djay101
Ok so I have no wire problems. Turns out I have a fuse bus problem. I ran a wire from the accessory plug in to the fuse plug in on where There was no power, everything cam on everything works. So all that happen is when the fuse melted and let go it burnt out the electrodes on the back of the fuse bus to that block of fuses. On this picture I added its number 20 and is not available anymore by GM

Ill see how long this will last!!

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/464294_DjayReeds_002_1.jpg

Djay101