AUXILARY POWER OR B+ TO 7 WIRE TRAILER PLUG

GMC Savana

I just purchased a new 2007 GMC Savana 2500 cargo 6.0L with the towing package. I have been unable to get 12 volts B+ at he 7 wire connector that was tucked up in the frame rail at the rear of the vehicle. The user manual indicates that maxi fuse #50 in the underhood fuse box is for " Trailer" It is present and has power. Is there someting else I need to connect to enable auxilary power for the trailer?
Xtreem

Im not sure it is wired to have a dedicated 12 post. Check the under dash fuse panel for any trailer or accesory fuses that may be missing

Jack42
My owners manual states that the 7 wire plug on the back of the vehicle does support a 12volt B+ connection. I have found out that it is common on vans and trucks that the manufacturer will leave the wire or the fuse disconnected. The 7 wire connector is an industry standard and included on the factory wiring harness. I just need to know where to look to connect it on my particular vehicle.

Xtreem
My software doesnt have any diagrams for that new of a vehicle. Look in both fuse centers for missing fuses

Jack42
There is some wiring under the dash on the vans that is not connected there on the new ones and I am also wondering where is the fusebox under the dash I found the one under the hood what a great idea to put it there haha.I have no power to the back of my trailer socket for the running lights would anyone know what the power comes for this.

DC63122
Side of the dash. Can only see it with door open

Jack42