WON'T START

2000 GMC Savana

2000 GMC Savana V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

My 2000 GMC Savana 1500 V8 5.0 would not start one morning. When I turned ignition I could hear fuel pump but no " clicking" or anything else. Removed starter/solenoid and cleaned all connections still nothing. I then replaced starter/solenoid and still nothing though I could get it to start by jumping posts on solenoid. After tinkering for several more hrs. Van started right up and continued to for approx. 1 week. Again no start only this time could not hear fuel pump or anything. I get the warning buzzer that key is in ignition but no other instrument movement on dash/cluster gauges. Battery is good and clean. Any thoughts? Thanks, Tim
Rags2

Hi,

I own a 1999 1500 Savana with 71K. I too, have experienced the same issue. It appears to be very sporadic. One time it cranks and the next day it may not, wait an hour or short period, then it cranks and starts. I have considered the ignition switch as a source. But now, it has been awhile since it last heppened. I'm sorry I don't have an answer, but, will keep this thread in mind if and when I do.
Good Luck!

KenAsh