FUEL SYSTEM

1998 GMC Safari

1998 GMC Safari 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 85000 miles

Engine won't start. Voltage at Batt 12.6
Cranks fine. Won't start.

Question: Will code readers register faults for fuel pressure?
I connected ODC II with no stored codes.
I suspect fuel filter or pump. No pump whine when ignition energized. Thoughts/comment?

Oh yeah.I swapped the HVAC and fuel relays with no change/effect.
MikeMike120

Test the ECM B fuse and the fuel pump relay

ECM B appears good and I swapped the relays with no change.
Is there a fuel pump test port. Or do I pull the cover to check fuel in the t. Body?

1. My instinct is open " carb" check fuel(vapor).
2. Test spark (plug)

MikeMike120
Do below and tell me what's missing

Get a starting fluid or ether and spray into the carb or the throttle body on an EFI. Did it start and die? If not disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

If its a Vortec fuel system-spider its located on the fuel line before it enters the upper plenum.