DOES NOT START WHEN COLD

1996 GMC Safari

1996 GMC Safari 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 123000 miles

My 1996 GMC safari cranks hard & strong when cold, but it will not start & run, if I squirt a little quick start fluid in the air cleaner it statrs right uo on the first turn of the key, it then runs perfect all day in fact I can turn the key off & restart it right after the initial start, It; s as if the choke is not pulled out at first but it is a fuel injection system so I have no choke any sugestions as to what would cause ths? Again after the initial squirt on ether she's good to go, no stalling no hesitation runs perfectly fine.
Joeoz

Do you have the spider fuel system? I didn't see a 4 cylinder listed? Use a gage and check fuel pressure. The fuel poppets may need cleaning, the cleaning procedure in the bulletin, is a shop procedure. I don't know if injector cleaner in the gas tank will help?