WILL I GET STRANDED?

1995 GMC Safari

1995 GMC Safari 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 17000? Miles

VAN runs great when it is running, --BUT it is if you go to far it will die wait a few minutes and it will start again, it is like something is getting hot -shuts the van down, then when it cools off it will start again. Fuses are good, fuel pump has been changed.---Last time though had to nurse it home and didn't make it after 25 min of starting going dieing it would not start again-- got it towed home then it started right up! Any help is a blessing! This is driving us nuts --hubby wants to get rid of it I love my van but don't know the problem and everyone we have asked can't figure it out either--mech says bring it in when we have the problem but--then it starts right up again--- PLEASE HELP SAVE MY VAN! I am disabled & can get in & out easier in this van
Butterfly1237

Remove ignition module and have it tested at most autoparts stores.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/108325_gmc_ignition_module_1.jpg

Mmprince4000