MY VAN WONT START

1994 GMC Safari

1994 GMC Safari

I started my van about 2 weeks ago and it started just fine. I relized I had forgot something inside so I shut the van off and went inside to get it. When I came out I try to start it again and it would not start over. It cranks over it just will not start. My husband has put on a new fuel pump, a new fuel filter, 2 new relay switches, a new brain and he has checked the fusible wires and they are look good. Would any one know maybe why my van wont start? We would really appreciate all the help we can get. We have tryed everything.
Ebabe19

Need to test fuel pressure to see if its getting fuel, also check for healthy spark at each plug. If OK check compression of cylinders

Bluelightnin6
He has checked the fuel and compression in the cylinders and he says that is fine, however one of sparks from the plugs is really big. He says its got a small hole in it, but he says it has been like that since we got the van.

Thank you for getting back with us.

Ebabe19
Sorry i'm not sure what you're talking about when you say it has a small hole in it? What has a hole in it?

Bluelightnin6
The spark plug wire has a hole in it. The spark goes from the spark plug wire to the motor.

Ebabe19
Oh OK, one bad plug wire would not stop engine from starting. may need to scan vehicle's computer for any stored trouble codes. if it's getting fuel spark and good compression then must have electrical trouble somewhere. read over our article on this common problem at http://www.2carpros.com/first_things/car_cranks_but_wont_start.htm

Bluelightnin6
The fuel pump is not pumping, sorry if I got confused. The brain reads that everything is ok.

Ebabe19
Oh sorry about that.

If the fuel pump is not getting power but the fuel pump, fuel pump relay and fuses are good then it leads to either bad wiring at the fuel pump or a faulty fuel pump/ oil pressure switch. My bet would be on the switch, your vehicle's fuel pump switch is on the top rear of the engine.

Bluelightnin6
Thank you. He is going out now to see if he can find the switch. Would there happen to be a diagram or somthing he could look at if he cannot find it? Thank you again for helping we really appreciate it a lot!

Ebabe19
Sure, there are two different versions so just match up your safari's 8th digit in the VIN to one of the diagrams below. the first diagram is for 8th digit VIN "W" while the second is for 8th digit VIN "Z"..

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname_2191.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname2_711.jpg

Bluelightnin6
He is out there looking for it and he says he cant find it. I dont know if he is over looking it or what. I dont think he is sure what it looks like, but we see nothing that could be any type of switch.

Ebabe19
Page 1 of 3