FUEL PROBLEM

1992 GMC Safari

1992 GMC Safari 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

Have a 92 Safari and it has a sputtering quitting engine. Tested the fuel pressure at the test port and have 59lbs. Replaced fuel filter. Engine will start but as it warms up it seems to lack fuel. It sputters and coughs, often popping out intake. Once acceleration starts engine will smooth out and stay at a rev. Once you let it go to an idle, it often dies and won't restart. You let it set an hour and it will restart and go through the same warm up etc. And quit again. I used some Cheveron fuel injection cleaner and it now will idle forever, but still sputteres and cough when first accelerated while warm and then irons out at a high rpm.. Any ideas before I have to pull the intake? Its a day long job ++ by the looks as it falls directly under firewall in this model van.
Kiphemingway

Check and test the throttle positiion sensor and manifold absolute pressure sensor, also recheck your fuel pressure-also check the EGR valve

Have you ever changed your fule filter? Sort of sounds like this could be the issue. Does it try to sputter when going up a hill at higher RPM's. If so then this is probably the problem. However This also sounds like another post I just did with the fule pressure regulator that is on the inside of the intake manafold. It sorta sounds like a worse problem than what I was seeing with a very rough idle at low RPM's like stopped at a light. For this you will have to pull the intake as it is found inside that. I had my mechanic do this work for about $250

Twincircuits
Check the spider unit below the upper plenum if its leaking