I ACCIDENTALLY ADDED THE WRONG OIL

GMC Other

Recently I puchased a 1963 pontiac starchief with 38000 orig. Mi. : D So I take it for a spin and everthing is grand. Afterward I checked the oil and it was a little low(heard warnings about oil burn-off in older motors and wanted to be pro-active) so I added about a quart of 10w 40(after input about its protective properties). Problem is it takes 20w or 10w 30 as a poss. Alternative. During driving everything is fine, but at stop and idle there is a little more vibration. Incidentally, it is about 35 degrees outside. Any ideas?
Hotboymakata

Not aproblem at all. But in cold weather you want to make sure you have clean fresh oil. So you might want to do an oil chnge if it's due

Jjrules
I agree with jjrules. No prob. Sounds like a sweet ride though take care of it. Good luck

Palco
It's not a big deal unless you have too much or too little oil. Just make sure next time you get it changed especially in cold weather you get a thinner oil, tends to make your engine work less, opposite for hot weather, run a thicker oil. Keeps it a little cooler. Run whatever your specs are and make sure to change your filter everytime.

Hotwheelsgmc