DROPPED A WASHER IN THE DISTRIBUTOR HOLE

GMC Other

Just as it says. A washer slipped out of my hand and into the distributor hole. I just did a complete rebuild on it and was planning on dropping it in today. I don't want to have to drop the oil pan again. So, I'm looking for advice and wondering where you think the washer ended up? I can't see it or reach it with a magnet. Thanks for the help.

Edit: '63 Impala 327 Chevy Smallblock w/ powerglide transmission
ImpalaKarma

Hey don't shoot the messenger!
Sadly enough you may have to drop the pan, but if the motor isn't in yet your'e better off. There is a small possibility that it may be in the valley under your intake, also. It's worth the time and trouble to chase it down as it would suck if you fired it up and found it jammed in the cam-dist. Gear! Sorry, but better safe than sorry.

Burrbrian
Dropped the oil pan and found it. Thanks for the response.

ImpalaKarma
Glad to hear about the recovery. Such a pain, can't imagine what would have gone wrong if you didn't drop the pan. : Oops:

Mvannessjr