MODELS FUEL PUMP STOPS WORKING

1998 GMC Other

1998 Other GMC Models V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 139000 miles

I own a 1998 GMC Suburban and am having a fuel delivery problem. The truck will start fine if cold, I run around town making a few stops and then the truck will not start again. I had the truck towed home and replaced the fuel pump with a factory unit based on the vehicle VIN #, I also replaced the fuel pump relay with a factory part and fuel filter. This is the second replacement fuel pump, previous pump lasted 2+years was also a factory replacement based on VIN# and the starter was also replaced at that time. With new pump it starts fine when cold but after running for 1/2 hour or 45 minutes I turned the truck off and when I went to start it 10 to 15 minutes later no fuel gettng to motor. I sprayed starter fluid in throttle body just to check it started but would not continue to run. A couple of hours later the truck starts and runs fine. I did notice the motor seemed to hesitate and almost stop but would catch and idle fine again after a couple of minutes. Need advice, Steve
Lyden62

Do this get it to run again while idling remove the fuel pump relay did it continue to run or died out?

Rasmataz, the car died when relay was removed. I replaced relay restarted car and checked again same result.

Lyden62
Replace the oil pressure switch

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_oil_sending_unit_and_fuel_pump_circuit_75.gif