MODELS 454 MOTOTHOME STALLS

1986 GMC Other

1986 Other GMC Models V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 65000 miles

Lookig for help on a stalling issue. The initial problem was the RV would only run at 35 miles per hour or less or it would stall out. I replaced the componets of the HEI distributor and that seemed to help a lot. Now the RV will get up to 75 but on occasion will do the stall thing. If I remove my foot off the accelerator and then press gently increasing the pressure the engine will resume and continue to run until the next time. Any thoughts on how to proceed
thanks
Dharris

Your accelerator pump on your carb is probably shot plus you have a vacuumleak more than likely. You'll probably need the carb rebuilt. Change the fuel filters as well and make sure you have afilter in front of the fuel pump. If you have TBI which I dont think you do, then the injectors may be clogging or the wires going to the top are not making good connection.