MODELS TURN SIGNALS

1966 GMC Other

1966 Other GMC Models 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 100, 00 miles

Have a 66 gmc 1/2 tons that has new wiring harness through out it. Can not get the turn signals to work and the blinker siliode keeps blinking when there are no blinkers on. Have replaced this also. What can I do
TinanSam

Did you replace the turn signal switch and harness?

Docfixit
Yes both have been replaced in last week. Started before that

TinanSam
So you replaced the ehtire wiring in the truck but this problem was there before? Trying to understand chain of events.

Docfixit
Yes harnesses have been in the truck for about two years and this started about six months ago. Have replace turn signal switch front turn signal wiring. New bulbs, silinoid.

TinanSam
When the flasher is clicking are turn signal lights on?The only
way flasher will work is if it is getting power sans the turn switch. So something is feeding power to flasher. Has any electrical devices been added to the truck?
Pull flasher the should be ground on one treminal and open on the other there is power there then you have to trace it down to find out what went wrong.
Good luck

Docfixit
Was having a senior moment last eve. One side of flasher is hot in run and the other grounds through the turn switch lights bulb then grounds flasher heats up breaks connection. So what is wrong you have an unwanted ground from the flasher to turn switch.
Hope I did not cause you a lot of wasted time.

Docfixit