THERMOSTAT LOCATION AND PICTURE

GMC Jimmy

Engine problem
GMC Jimmy 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 160472 miles

the engine in my vehicle only heats up so much. The heater inside the truck only blows warm air and not hot air like it use to. I do not have any leaks anywhere, and just 6 months ago, I had my water pump replaced. The truck is moving the coolant around because when I take the radcap off, and throttle up the engine a tiny bit, I can see the collant swishing around and moving. The engine temperature gauge only shows the engine barely getting warm and radhoses are the same. Would this be a thermostat or could it be vapour lock? If it's the thermostat, is there any possible way to provide a picture so I can find it with a bit more ease?

Thanks. Best Regards.
Jim Albani
Jimalbani

Its not hard to find the thermostat all you have to do is follow the top radiator hose to the intake and the will be a place that bolts to the intake its in the piece that the hose goes into the intake pretty simple to find just follow hose to intake its there where meets intake take bout half hour at most to replace. IF THATS THE PROBLEM.

Truckchevy4
I know its been along time but did you ever figure out the problem Im having the same issue

Doccallahan