WONT START

1999 GMC Jimmy

1999 GMC Jimmy 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 87000 miles

My car makes a pinging noise when you start it like when you put a playing card on a bike to make noise, when you start out the pinging goes faster, however the car wants to stall out along with the ping noise. Once it gets moving the ping noise will eventually go away. My mechanic replaced my fuel line up and back. It stopped for a about 2 months, but now the exact same thing is going on again only this time it will not start. My batter is good I took it to Auto Zone to be tested. I'm not sure what to tell the mechanic.
Jennifer 1234

Lets do below for a start to determine if its fuel or spark related issue.

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it