NO MESSAGE ON READER

2001 GMC C1500

Computer problem
2001 GMC C1500 V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 125, 00 miles

Took my yukon in to get the service engine codes read.
They told me that they could not retrieve the information. There was something wrong with the system. Go home and check the fuses? Thats what they told me to do. I did! All fuses were good. Now what do you suggest I do? Thank you so much!
Theplaidpumpkin

Did you check all the fuses in the dash and under the hood. I am suprised they didn't fix it for you while they were trying to get the codes. I hope they didnt charge you

Rhall77
Ok, just came in from checking the fuses UNDER the hood. Thanks for that! To be honest. Didnt know they were there : ) Found one 10 fuse blown. Goes to the cigarette lighters. Shoot, those havent worked since I bought the yukon LOL.
So, now my question is. Can that still effect the reading of the codes? Will the meter not work? Also, what if that fuse keeps blowing? I put a 15 in cuz I had it. And it blew as soon as I put it in.
Thanks again.
Anna
theplaidpumpkin

Theplaidpumpkin
I am almost 100% sure thats your problem for not reading the codes. No check inside your cig lighters and make sure there is nothing stuck in them such as a penny or other coins. You do have a direct short somewhere that need to be fixed right away. And also dont ever put a bigger fuse in then what is calles for, you can take a chance of burning something up

Rhall77