OIL PRESSURE INDICATOR

2007 GMC Acadia

2007 GMC Acadia 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 18788 miles

I have just recently driven this auto on a 2000+ mile trip and when starting the vehicle the first morning after the trip I noticed that the Oil Pressure indicator didn't move off the 160 mark for approximately 2-3 minutes, then kind of jumped up a few PSI at a time. I'm wondering if this is normal operation as my son also has same model and I tried it with same results. The real deal here is that I don't wish to start this return trip with a defective vehicle.

Thanx
Bblount577

Best thing to do is get the oil pressure checked out, could be the oil pressure sending unit-How's the oil level and condition-for that mileage travelled I'll go ahead and change oil/filter.

Ras, first thank you for your Vietnam service, I too was there 68-69. Now back to the question at hand. My son's 2007 Acadia acts the very same way, that is why I'm thinking it is common, but will take your advice and seek dealership help too.

Bblount577
Was there 70-73 bring it in and get the oil pressure checked out. You take care and god bless us that are still alive and the present ones that protecting our freedom-

Okay guys, I suffered the " red face" for us all. Took it to dealership and learned that the Acadia doesn't have an oil pressure guage; I had been watching the engine temp guage.

Bblount577
Okay jungleman -go attack the coolant temperature sensor check its resistances hot and cold