ENGINE WON'T START

1991 Geo Prizm

1991 Geo Prizm 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 200000 miles

My 1991 geo prizm has been acting up lately. First I would have to wiggle the positive on the battery for the car to turn over. The other day I hit a bump and now when I turn the car over the starter will go but the engine won't start! Now the battery is dead from excessively trying to start the car and I am completely stumped! Its not the alternator so I do'nt know what I could be?
Kevingman22

Have to charge battery 1st
check fuses
check for spark check for fuel
check timing belt

BMRFIXIT
I have fuel in the car and the timing belt is good. Have the battery currently charged and the fuses were good. Still stumped because everything is still in order! Does the 1991 prizm have a saftey sensor when theres no oil in the car?

Kevingman22
It will stop the fuel flow
did you check for spark
if have fuel and have spark timing belt good and on, timed
do a compression test

BMRFIXIT
Okay so I have followed all of your instructions and I ran 2 different types of metal from the boot to the engine and there is no spark. None what so ever. Now i'm worried that it could be something real bad! The oil is good battery is good, alternator and timing belt are fine aswell. Just no spark! I hope that it is fixable seeing how this is my transportation to and from work and here in michigan walking isnt an option! Lol let me know what you think I should do next and thank you for your time and patience with my lack of automotive knowledge!

Kevingman22
Remove distributor cap crank engine make sure rotor is turning as engine cranks
Disconnect electrical connector from distributor.
Turn ignition on. Using voltmeter, check voltage between Black/Orange wire of distributor connector and ground. If battery voltage does not exist, check for open circuit in Black/Orange wire between distributor connector and ignition switch.

BMRFIXIT