GEO PRIZM FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

1990 Geo Prizm

1990 Geo Prizm Automatic

ok the car turns over but doesnt start. I replaced the ignition coil. Then I discovered I wasnt getting power to the coil at all. Or to the box where the ignition relay is. No fuel from the pump either. So I dont know im getting power to the starter and accessories but not fuel pump? Is there a fuse from iginition I dont see? Please help thank you
Jason34sd

Did you have a check engine light come on or has flashed prior to this problem and when was your last tune-up?

Cranks but no start condition: Fuel and Spark: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

No I dont get spark and I took the end valve off the fuel injectors and turned it over and no fuel pumping either

Jason34sd
Check for power at the coil positive terminal black and orange wire also do you hear the fuel pump come On?

No power in the wire and no power to fuel pump

Jason34sd
Inspect and test the circuit opening relay or swap with a like one and also check for power at the injector harness black and orange wire-

No power to either one

Jason34sd
Go to junk yard and pull both large and small fuse boxes from doner car. They unbolt and pull connectors to them (squeeze tabs and pull).

These are good to have on an older Prizm. The replacement relays can only be purchases from Toyota and they are not cheap.

Toyota Corolla or Geo Prizm from 90-92 are same.

Mmprince4000
Ya im going to have to try that. Nothing else seems to be working thx

Jason34sd
I have a 91 and have 2 sets of the fuse boxes. Cost me $10 each.

Mmprince4000