98 WINDOW PROBLEM

1998 Ford Windstar

Have a 98 Windstar 3.8 liter with 120,000 miles. The passenger side window will not roll down. How can I test the plugs to see if it is the switch. The master switch for that window will not work it either. All other switches work. Also the abs and brake light have been on for awhile. Anything I can do to fix them. Thanks
Booknee

Well, an easy way to test if there's power is just to hit the right side window button, hold it there for a second or two and watch the interior lights for dimming, you'll know in a second if there's power to the motor. I would probably think the motor is shot, wear, tear, and water will do them in. Of course you can remove the door panel and check for volts at the connector. As for the abs and brake light, are you talking two seperate dash lights. The abs light, usually yellow or orange, will have a code stored which can be pulled with a scanner. If there's a brake light, I think it's usually red, that could be low fluid, parking brake mechanism not fully released, bad parking brake light switch, etc. Or a problem with pressure differential system, probably a good idea to get the engine system scanned, most autoparts stores will do it for free, make sure you write down what code numbers.

TaurusWheel