FORD WINDSTAR DOOR PROBLEM

2002 Ford Windstar

Heater problem
2002 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 86000 miles

The heater no liongers blows warm air, only cold. When I move the control I only get a knocking noise from around the controls.
Willieg57

You may have a fault on the blend door system.

Climate Control Assembly
The climate control assembly has three control systems: The A/C heater function selector switch combines a vacuum selector valve for direct control of the vacuum control motors and electrical input to the instrument cluster module.
The temperature selection is accomplished with a potentiometer connected to the electric blend door actuator that controls positioning of the temperature blend door. Movement of the control knob (18519) from COOL (blue) to WARM (red) causes a corresponding movement on the air temperature control door and determines the temperature that the system will maintain.
The blower motor switch controls the blower motor speed through a series of resistors and a relay.

Dave H