USING COOLANT BUT NO LEAKS DETECTED

2001 Ford Windstar

Engine Cooling problem
2001 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 127000 miles

For the past two weeks I have added coolant to my Windstar Mini Van. There are no leaks on the garage floor. I can smell coolant after driving it. What gives?
Sinnedzurc

Are you experiencing overheating or temp gauge fluctuations. The best way to find out is to get it block and pressure test the cooling system this will identify leaks and combustion gases entering the cooling sytem.

No, I have not had the pressure test. I will set an appointment to get it done. Thanks.

Sinnedzurc
I WOULD HAVE YOUR WATER PUMP CHECKED OUT, THIS IS COMMON ON THE WINDSTAR, YOU WILL NOT NECCESARILY SEE A LEAK, IT BURNS OFF WHILE DRIVING
For the past two weeks I have added coolant to my Windstar Mini Van. There are no leaks on the garage floor. I can smell coolant after driving it. What gives?[/Quote]

Bigvol
The problem was a simple one. The clamp had to be replaced. Of course this $1.50 part became a $82 total repair bill after the connection to the computer was factored in (clearing codes and all). But it could have been worse and for that I am truly grateful. Thank you to anyone that commented and offered help. This is a great site.

Sinnedzurc