FUEL FILTER ISNT SEALING ON MY 96 POWERSTROKE WHY??

1996 Ford Truck

I replaced the fuel filter on my powerstroke just like before snug after it touches the housing it was leaking all arond the seal, so I tightened it up aproxximateley 3/8to 1/2 turn more then it shot 2 streams, obvisouly the seal kinked, pulled it lose put the seal on cap straight screwed down inspecting, that it was uniform as I tightned it, started it seeping all around seal. Rubbed a fresh coat of diesiel on seal inspected by part # and physical size of filter and seal, cleaned all areas that would touch and felt for any scratches or mars in the housing, seal or cap, everythings in order but it is still leaking around the seal. Any ideas would be greatly apprecieated
Bigo

First of all check your lines see if it is'nt broken at the tip thats one cause for that another would be the threads at the end of the lines or at the filter if thats ok check your fuel pressure your pump could be at falt.

Good luck with your car

Cesar lomeli
Well it sounds like you checked all the basics. Checking the fuel filter gasket making sure thats not all messed up. My next thought would be checking the nipple that the filter screws into the threaded part to make sure its not lose, if it is it meaks the filter isn't going all the way up tot he base thus creating a space. No matter how small it would make a difference.

Hope this helps,
SirGibby

SirGibby
Have you checked the length of your filter to the old? Have seen some wix filters be too long and ford also say the same about wix filters there is some inprefection about them that won't let the lid go all the way down not sure which brand you use. And if it is forced it will break the heater in the bottom of the filter houseing. Thus in some cases won't let the truck start. Also try puting the gasket on dry without lubing it up sometimes it makes the gasket push out when lubed. NOS

NOS