POWER WINDOW NO POWER

1969 Ford Torino

1969 Ford Torino V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

I am trying to get power to my RH power window on my 69 Torino

I have a ****ty wiring diag but it does not tell me if the power windows are on a seperate fuse panel or they run off of the main fuse panel.

The main fuse panel is way under the dash and there is no way to tell by the markings what the fuses are for.

I used a test light and probed all the switch connections one at a time and no life in any of the wires with the key on or off.

I removed the regulator and cleaned it up and installed a rebuilt PWM so it would probally work if I could get power to it.

Any help would be great.
I an trying to find a junction to test but very hard to find in a harness bundle

Rodney Robbins
Carguy4sp

Help has arrived, I have a whole wiring schematic for the older cars of those years. My book DOES NOT show a 1969 power window diagram. However I tdoes show a 1970 which i'm sure would be very close. As I don't know if you hve power seats or not, there should be a circuit breaker on either the solonoid on the fender well or if yours is on the starter it could be there. It also shows a window safetyr relay under the dash, I would suspect it's by the fuse panel. There is also a 20 amp fuse in the fuse box, it may be marked accessory as they did that back then. Keep in mind that if the master power window switch is shot it may not send power to the one window. Also the wires used to break from opening and closing the doors and had to be repaired. But with a car like yours it would be wiser to replace the wire instead of repairing it. Also the circuit breaker witll be plain to see on the solenoid, it is there to protect your car from burning up. I did look on a Mercury Montego as that was the same car. It shows the same thing that i've previously stated. Just for some help the window safety switch in the dash has 3 wires leading to it. One will be red, the other is black with a white stripe and the other is blue. The blue wire will be 12 guage the black with white will be 10 guage and the red will be18 gauge. I can send what ever you like to you although it will be in pieces so you will have to either enlarge or reduce it to put them together. Just private message me instead of using the forum.

Thanks for your reply but I cannot send you a PM they say I am too new.

Carguy4sp@hotmail. Com

Carguy4sp
I sent the diagrams through my regular email. If you don't see it then check your spam folder. I didin't put a subject line in it.