GAS BLOWING OUT THE EXHAUST

Ford Thunderbird

1994 Thunderbird 4.6 V8 automatic; 100000 miles+.
I bought it at an impound auction as-is. It has a slight miss at idle, but will run. However, it shoots out a white cloud of raw gas out the exhaust to the point of getting about 3 miles to the gallon. I've never seen anything like that. Nor anyone I talk to. I was hoping someone on here might shine some light. BTW, I changed the plugs and wires with new top dollar products and it made no difference. There was carbon corrosion on the plugs in the right bank. The smoke comes out of both pipes in the back, but I'm thinking there may be a crossover pipe so I'm not sure if it's coming form one bank or both.
Thanks!
KentuckyGeek

You need to check the fuel pressure and the injectors

Well I hate to tell ya but I have been pouring over the web for 2 days now and you are the only other person with this that I have found yet. I have the exact same problem so bad that after a few minutes of idling fuel is dripping out of the drain holes of both mufflers.
Let me start with what I have checked so far. I have one cylander with 130 psi of compresion, two with 140, 3 with 150, and 2 with 160. The plugs are new. The wires are getting plenty of fire. The fuel pressure regulator is new. The odd check so far is that at an idle I have 12 VDC constantly applied to the injectors. Which would keep them wide open like the car is at full throtle. I am going to do a fuel pressure test tomorrow to see what that turns up. Im guessing it will be fine. I suspect a bad throttle position sensor or maybe a bad Mass Air Flow sensor. I will keep you posted and would love to hear if you find anything too. Update on fuel pressure. The key on fuel pressure is 45 psi which it should be and the running fuel pressure is 30 psi which is probably correct. I still feel that a sensor is feeding the computer a wide open throttle signal and the computer is keeping the injectors open constantly. Still have no soloution yet.

Fibrgls
Well I replaced the throttle position sensor and the mass air flow sensor and neither made any difference. Im calling FORD maybe they can help.

Fibrgls
Get your injectors check-you're dumping fuel in it. And the fuel pressure.

I had the same problem with my '94' T-Bird. After replacing two injectors the fuel rail, and other parts I care not to go into at the moment I decided to have the computer checked and replaced. Once replaced the problem was solved. Hope this helps you guys out.

Xtremercr
Ck fuel pressure regulator...if faulty....will dump extra fuel to injectors. Ck this part.........

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/128479_std_fuel_pressure_regulator_1.jpg

Bruizer
This 94 T-bird is still setting in my yard. I have replaced the ECM with a used one with no change in the cars situation. I also replaced the two front Oxygen sensors with new ones. NO change. I called the local ford dealer ship and he told me they no longer work on cars that old and dont have the OBD I test equipment or technicians who are trained on something that old. Hoarshit this is what you get when you buy a FORD. I had a 94 Buick Park Ave. Ultra and the local dealership had wiring schematics on the transmission with pinouts so I could reconfigure the pins on a two year older transmission to work with the car I was repairing. So nothing has changed and Im still lookiing for ideas. I am considering a new ECM. Has anyone else seen this crazy problem besides me and the guy who started the tread? Thanks for any help guys.

Brian

Fibrgls
If the presssure regulator is ruptured vacuum will suck fuel into the intake manifold-Fuel will be present in the vac hose if its leaking

I replaced the fpr first thing. No change I am getting a constant 14 VDC at the injectors so they are wide open all the time all of which I have stated earlier. Take a look at all the information and see if anyone has anything new to add. Thanks again

Fibrgls