91 TBIRD POWER STEERING PROBLEM

1991 Ford Thunderbird

Had a common hose leak I thought, the one on the side as you look down upon the P/S pump from the drivers side. So I replaced it and found the leak was still there just below the lower hose end connection point; From a metal line under the motor mount going to the sector. Can't grt my hand in there nor the spanual, very tight indeed.

How does one get to the thing? Its under a piece of steel & access from down under is blocked too from steel cross members and plating

Any Ideas Please?
James
Bondjamesbond

Hi there well I believe the hose you are talking about gose to the rack and pinion. Jack the car in the front and secure it on jack stands. Crawl under and look at the front of the rack Its been awhile since I've looked at one of these but I believe that its visible if not you may need to slightly jack the motor in order to get to it which may require loosening the two motor mounts. But before you take anything apart make sure you locate it on the rack and if you can reach it first.

Hope this helps let me no what happens.

Poet042005
Is it necessary to undo motor mount to install hi-pressure powersteering line?

Badhabit