1997 Ford Thunderbird Repair Question
1997 Ford Thunderbird V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic
I was wanting to know how to replace the powertrain control module?
1. Disconnect battery ground cable.
NOTE : When the battery has been disconnected or reconnected, some abnormal drive symptoms may occur while the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) relearns its adaptive strategy. The vehicle may need to be driven 16 km (10 miles) or more to relearn the strategy.
2. Remove RH cowl side trim panel to expose PCM.
3. Loosen engine control sensor wiring to PCM connector retainer bolt.
4. Remove engine control sensor wiring connector from PCM.
5. Remove PCM from bracket by pulling PCM downward.
1. Follow removal procedure in reverse order.
2. Tighten engine control sensor wiring connector retainer bolt to 2.7-3.7 Nm (24-32 lb in).
14,825 answers provided