TURNS OVER WONT START

1996 Ford Thunderbird

1996 Ford Thunderbird V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

I replaced the fuel pump two months ago. Car drove just fine afterwards. Stopped one day and it wouldnt start. Checked for fuel pressure by removing the filter and turning on the ignition. Lots of fuel coming out. The fuel rail pressure adabter shows signs of fuel when compressed. I checked for spark. Appears that I have no spark. Pulled cylinder one wire and put an extra spark plug on it grounded it and had someone turn the engine over. No spark. Replaced the dual coil packs. Nothing. Put a wire tester to the coil packs harness and it has a positive connection with the ignition key on. With research Im thinking its my ECM. How do I know? Are there any other test procedures I can do.
Sbladd

Unplug one of your fuel injectors and with your test light, see if you have a pulse at the connector as you crank the motor. Let me know what you find, Jim.

James W.
The test light comes on attached to an injector wire (green) with the ignition key in the on position. There is no pulse of the test light while cranking over the car. Light just stays on consistantly while connected to the green wire at the injector harness.

Sbladd
The green wire will be " hot" all the time. What the computer does is " ground' the injector to make it fire. Yuo need to test from a hot or positive source to the black wire to check for pulse.

James W.
Tested from a positive source to the red wire on one of the fuel injector wires. No pulse. Tried it a few times to be sure. Nothing.

Sbladd
At this point, I would change the crankshaft position sensor. It is on the front left side of the engine down by the main pulley.

James W.
Changed out the sensor. The car started right up. Thanks for your help I've been struggling with this issue for a month now and I cant express the words that came to my mind when that car started. Thanks.

Sbladd
I love it when a good plan comes together. If you wanted, you could give me a vote in the comments section. Thanks, Jim.

James W.
Obviously I do not have enough point to give KUDOS. So: Thank you for your knowledgeable advice. I am having a CHILTON bon fire this week! Thanks again.

Sbladd